How Do I Configure the Cisco SPA 525G2 Desk Phone?
Modified on: Tue, 28 Apr, 2020 at 8:02 PM
Step 1 – Connect / Power On Phone
- Plug in and connect your IP Phone’s Network & Power Cables per the Getting Started Guide that shipped with your phone.
Step 2 – Obtain IP Address for Self-Management
- Once the phone is connected and powered up:
- Press the “Settings” Button
- Press 10 on the keypad for: Network
- Press 2 on the keypad for: Network Status
- Note the Current IP: _______________________________________
Step 3 – Configure Phone through Web Browser
- From your computer open a web browser
- In the URL type in the IP address that you noted above:
- You should see a Summary Page detailing Phone Status & Settings
- Click Admin Login in the top right corner of your browser window
- Click Advanced in the top right corner of your browser window
- In the Configuration Information section:
- Set Provision Enable to Yes
- Paste into Profile Rule the following text:
- [--key $B]http://18.104.22.168/$A/$MA.cfg
- In the Firmware Upgrade section:
- In the General Purpose Parameters section (near the bottom of the page):
- Set ‘GPP A’ to 125
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the button [Submit All Changes]
*Your phone will restart 1 or more times while the Device is re-provisioned to the new settings. During this time your screen will go blank and the Line Indicator lights will flash. When the device is ready, the Line1 indicator light should be Green.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.