How to set up the WiFi settings for Cisco SPA525G:
The Cisco SPA525G allows for both a wired and wireless connection.
NOTE: You will not be able to setup WiFi while the Ethernet cable is still connected to the back of the phone. Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the SW port on the back of the phone before proceeding with the instructions below.
NOTE: Depending on the security mode and cypher type you selected previously during the setup process, the field where you will enter the key for your WiFi network may be labeled differently. As an example, for WPA2 Personal, with AES COMP encryption, this will say WPA Shared Key.
Step 1 – Enable Wi-Fi Mode
- Once the phone is connected and powered up:
- Press the “Settings” Button. This is the button that looks like a piece of paper with a folded corner (see below):
- Press  for Network Configuration
- Use the Left and Right arrows to change the value of Wi-Fi
- Make sure the WiFi option is selected, and press the left or right arrow key on the navigation pad on the phone to turn the WiFi on. You will know when it is on, because you will see a check mark to the right of the WiFi option.
- Scroll down to the WiFi Configuration option, and press the right arrow key on the navigation pad on the phone to go into the WiFi Configuration menu.
- Select Wireless Profile from the menu.
- Press the Scan soft key at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll to highlight your network, then press the Add soft key at the bottom of the screen.
- Make sure the Security Mode option is highlighted, and use the left and right arrow keys to select the security mode for your network.
- Scroll down to the Cipher Type option, and use the left and right arrow keys to select the cipher type for your network. NOTE: Security Mode and Cipher Type is the wireless network’s password.
- Scroll down to the Key option. Use the keypad on your Cisco SPA525G phone to enter the security key for your WiFi network.
- Press the Save soft key at the bottom of the screen.
- Make sure the network you added is highlighted on the screen, and press the Connect soft key at the bottom of the screen.
- You are now connected to the WiFi network.