Troubleshooting: Device will not power on
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot if your device does not appear to have power.
- First, make sure the device does not have power by picking up the handset and listening for a Dial Tone. Some devices have a “power save” mode that will show a blank LCD screen but the device is still online and ready for calling. Picking up the handset will activate the LCD screen.
- Ensure the Power Cord is connected to your Device and plugged into a working outlet. This is especially true if you are connecting your device for the first time.
- If the Power adaptor is plugged into a Power Strip, unplug it from the strip and try connecting your device directly into a wall outlet. The Power strip may be “off” or have a bad outlet/port.
- With Cisco Device Power Adaptors, the prong/plug is a separate piece from the power supply. Ensure that it is properly seated with the power adaptor as it may have come loose during shipment or if bumped / moved.
- If you have another device of the same model, try a “known good” power cord. It is not often, but the power cord itself may be at fault.
- If you continue to experience power-related issues after following these steps, Contact Us so that we can assist you further.