There are several possible causes for trouble making outbound calls. Below we will cover the most common issues. Contact Support for further assistance.
- Ensure your device is powered on. Refer to the section “Device will not power on” for troubleshooting tips.
- When you pickup the handset on your device, do you hear a dialtone? If not, this typically means your Device is not currently Online/Registered. Refer to the section “My device is not online/registered”
- If you are using a corded or cordless headset but there is no dialtone/sound, press the handset or speaker phone button on your phone. It is possible the issue is with your headset and not the Phone/Device itself.
- When dialing an outbound call, if you observe an announcement that the “Your call cannot be completed as dialed” then hang up the phone. Check to confirm the number you are dialing is a valid phone number and you did not transpose the numbers.
- When dialing an outbound call, you will need to dial the full 11-digit or 10-digit number, even when dialing a local number in your area.
- If you observe a system announcement “This call is not covered by your Tariff Plan”, hang up the phone, check the number you dialed, and then try to dial it again. If the problem persists, Contact our Support Team for further assistance.
- If you are trying to dial an International Number calls will not complete. Contact our Support Team to see if International Calling is available to you.
- If the issue observed is static/fax-tones/pops/hisses/artifacts observed on the call, refer to the article Troubleshooting Call Quality Issues.
If the issue observed is no audio or 1-way-audio where either you cannot hear the other party, or they cannot hear you, please refer to the article Troubleshooting Call Quality Issues