Below are the instructions for configuring you Cisco SPA 303 IP Phone to work with your UniTel Office.
Step 1 - Connect / Power On Phone
- Plug in and connect your IP Phone's Network & Power Cables per the Getting Started Guide that shipped with your phone.
Step 2 - Obtain IP Address for Self-Management
- Once the phone is connected and powered up:
- Press the "Settings" button
- Press "9" on the keypad for Network
- Note the Current IP: ________________________________________________________________
Step 3 - Configure Phone through Web Browser
- From your computer, open a Web Browser
- In the URL type in the IP address that you noted above: (ie: http://192.168.0.1)
- You should see a summary page detailing Phone Status & Settings
- Click Admin Login in the top right corner of your browser window
- Click Advanced in the top right corner of your browser window
- In the Configuration Information section:
- Set Provision Enable to "Yes"
- Paste into Profile Rule the following text:
7. In the Firmware Upgrade section:
- Set Upgrade Enable to "Yes"
- Paste into Upgrade Rule the following text:
8. In the General Purpose Parameters section (near the bottom of the page):
- Set "GPP A" to 125
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Submit All Changes button
** Your phone will restart 1 or more times while the device is re-provisioned to the new settings. During this time, your screen will go blank and the Line 1 indicator light should be green.
Step 4 - Test Calls
- Place a test call to an "Off-Network" number to confirm calls complete
- Place a test call to an "On-Network" number such as another employee's extension