How do I configure my existing IP Phone Cisco SPA303 / SPA504G to work with UniTel Voice?
Modified on: Thu, 27 Feb, 2020 at 12:23 PM
Below are the instructions for configuring your Cisco SPA 303 IP Phone to work with your UniTel Office.
Step 1 – Connect / Power On Phone
- Plug in and connect your IP Phone’s Network & Power Cables per the Getting Started Guide that shipped with your phone.
Step 2 – Obtain IP Address for Self-Management
- Once the phone is connected and powered up:
- Press the “Settings” Button
- Press 9 on the keypad for: Network
- Note the Current IP: _______________________________________
Step 3 – Configure Phone through Web Browser
- From your computer open a web browser
- In the URL type in the IP address that you noted above:
- You should see a Summary Page detailing Phone Status & Settings
- Click Admin Login in the top right corner of your browser window
- Click Advanced in the top right corner of your browser window
- In the Configuration Information section:
- In the Firmware Upgrade section:
- In the General Purpose Parameters section (near the bottom of the page):
- Set ‘GPP A’ to 125
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the button [Submit All Changes]
*Your phone will restart 1 or more times while the Device is re-provisioned to the new settings. During this time your screen will go blank and the Line Indicator lights will flash. When the device is ready, the Line1 indicator light should be Green.
- Place test call to an “Off-Network” number to confirm calls complete.
- Place test call to an “On-Network” number such as another Employees Extension.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.